The cherry is fleshy fruit which belongs to the family Prunus. This fruit which has been used for centuries is a very good source of anthocyanins, an antioxidant which is believed to be extremely helpful in making the body healthy. These are loved by people for their taste and are used in a number of things like pies, jams, juice etc.
Benefits of the black cherry juice
The black cherry juice is known to have the benefits given below
1. Drinking black cherry juice regularly is known to be helpful in dealing with conditions like chronic gout and arthritis. They are also known to be extremely good in providing relief from pain and inflammation of the muscle and also from back pain. The anthocyanins are believed to be the reason behind these benefits.
2. Not many people are aware about how beneficial is the black cherry juice can be in terms of getting a healthy sleep. The melatonin and also serotonin found in these cherries are known to help in improving the sleep patterns of the body and is also known to be helpful for people who suffer from insomnia.
3. Iqueritrin and queritrin are two compounds that have been found in the black cherries. These compounds may be helpful in providing protection against some diseases and illnesses. When anthocyanin combines with these compounds, it forms possibly the most effective antioxidant.
4. Another claim being made is that the black cherry juice may help in prevention of cancer. The cherry juice is just filed with chemicals which have disease fighting properties and hence may prevent cell transformation. These chemicals include ellagic acid, perillyl alcohol and limonene.
5. Black cherry juice is also known to have diuretic and cleansing effect over the bladder. Hence it helps in flushing the toxins out of the body.
Nutrition facts of the cherry juice
1. The black cherry juice is known to have many different kinds of minerals, antioxidants and vitamins in it. Hence it may aid in the treatment of several kinds of diseases.
2. The cherry juice contains no fat or cholesterol in it. The calories that it contains may vary with respect to the concentration of the juice and also on the quantity of sugar present in it.
3. Just one percent of these calories are from proteins while the majority of it is due to the carbohydrates.
4. Almost all of the different varieties of the cherries contain potassium, vitamin A and vitamin C and these are considered to be responsible for most of the health benefits that the cherry juice are known to offer. The different benefits provided by them include better healing, improved immune system and also better vision. It is also known to decrease the risk of having kidney stones and also may lower blood pressure.
The black cherry juice is available everywhere and can also be bought online. It can also be bought as capsules or also as juice concentrates. This can be added to a smoothie maybe, and make it very healthy. However it is better if you use it in moderation. Also, if you have some health conditions then check with the doctor before using it.